Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Friendly Letter

Do you ever feel shy talking to grownups? Have you tried writing to them? A few years ago I wrote a letter to my second grade teacher telling her how she inspired me to become a teacher. I mentioned all of the hands-on science experiments that we performed! I’ll never forget looking at onion cells through a microscope! She was so touched by my words that she wrote back to me. She remembered me holding her purse while we walked around chatting during recess!


Now that the school year is coming to an end, many children like to get their teacher a gift. My favorite gifts are letters and cards from my students. I save them and hang them in my classroom on the inside of one of my cabinets. When I’m feeling less than inspiring, I open the cabinet doors and reread the words of love and gratitude. It’s nice to know I’ve had a positive impact on so many lives.

What did you like about this school year? What did your teacher do to make you a better person? Write him a friendly letter thanking him for all of his hard work. You’ll make his day—and more!

Have you written to a grownup? Have they responded? Please leave a comment. I’d love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment